Below you find a quick guide for FluidPowerTools.com search in HyDraw CAD.
Since FPT.com is a very large database, you may find convenient the possibility to exclude not needed manufacturers from your search. To do so:
- Go to Services Menu
- Click on Data Access Settings
- Select / Unselect what you need to
Open Manufacturer List
Select / Unselect what you need to
Usually this is a “one time” setting, if you need more Manufacturers simply follow again same steps.
Assuming we have defined a set of preferred manufacturers, let us understand how to search within the library. To switch to “Component Search” dialog in HyDraw Library Explorer click on the small Arrow icon you find on top right of Library Explorer
Search all components available for a Manufacturer
From HyDraw Library Explorer\Component Search
- make sure you have FluidPowerTools.com selected.
- Select your desired Manufacturer (i.e. Delta-Power in this case)
- Click on Search
At the end of the search, you will see a list of available model families and symbols. Insert symbol with double click on the image.
Note: Output search will always be limited to 200 components.
Search a specific Model Code - Model Family
To search for specific Model Codes or Families:
- type Model Code string (i.e. EG-S4)
Note: % is the wildcard. If you search for 4WE%J it means HYDraw CAD will look for all items starting for 4WE and having a J in between
- Click Search
- if your search is valid, you will see list of model families or model codes and their symbols.
Search by Component Type
If you are not familiar with model codes, you can do a search by Component Type across single or multiple manufacturers.
- Select component type from Component Type List
- Filter Manufacturer if needed
- Click Search
Output search will be list of model families and symbols. It’s possible to filter by Manufacturer after search is performed